What you need
• A Computer or Laptop running Windows or MacOS. A tablet or smart phone will not do.
• Knowledge of how to use Zoom to accomplish the Zoom Host responsibilities. If you need training, ask the Zoom Planner to arrange for that at a separate time from the sing-around.
What you do
• Show up at least 15 minutes before the Sing-Around start time, and join the meeting.
• Let the Zoom Starter know that you are there and ready to take on the Host role. The Starter will then transfer the Host role to you.
• Let people in from the waiting room when they arrive.
• Rename people as they arrive, adding a number before their name. ALWAYS use a 2-digit number (such as 02 instead of just 2) so they will show up in the list in the correct order.
• When the Sing-around Leader arrives, assign them the role of co-host so they can help with tasks like muting. You can also assign other co-hosts if desired.
• IMPORTANT - Co-hosts should NOT be helping with renaming people and providing numbers. It will get confusing if more than one person is doing this.
• When people are performing, mute others if they have forgotten to mute themselves.
• Use the chat feature to communicate with others if need be for helpful suggestions
• Close the meeting at the end for everyone.
• If something occurs which prevents you from continuing as Host, transfer that role to another participant before leaving.